|0 (0 votes):|
Zoloft (Sertraline) is used to treat depressive states (accompanied by feelings of anxiety) and prevent initial or chronic episodes of depression. It also helps to deal with obsessive-compulsive and panic disorders.
Zoloft has a very little effect on the reuptake of noradrenaline and dopamine, but can block the uptake of serotonin in human platelets. It has no stimulating, sedative or anticholinergic action.
Zoloft may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Side effects may include:
- allergic reactions, bleeding (including epistaxis), palpitations, dry mouth, decreased appetite;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps or abdominal bloating, weight loss;
- headache, dizziness, insomnia, somnolence, tremor, movement disorders;
- convulsions, paresthesia, symptoms of depression, hallucinations, aggression, agitation, anxiety, psychosis, flushing of the skin;
- sexual dysfunction (delayed ejaculation, decreased potency and / or libido, anorgasmia), dysmenorrhea, galactorrhea, hypomania, mania, hyponatremia.
Zoloft is contraindicated for patients with:
- hypersensitivity to the drug and its components;
- marked reduction of body weight;
- organic brain damage (including mental retardation);
- renal and / or hepatic impairment;
- pregnancy or lactation period.
Sertraline enters breast milk. Taking the drug during breast feeding is not recommended, as safety of use in this case is not validated.
How to take
The medicine is taken orally with a full glass of water, regardless of the meal.
The recommended dose is 50 mg, 1 time per day in the morning or night.
Panic disorder: an initial dose is 25 mg / day, followed by an increase to 50 mg / day for 1 week treatment.
adolescents (13-17 years): the initial dose is 50 mg / day;
children (6-12 years): the initial dose is 25 mg / day;
elderly: initial dose is 25 mg / day (morning or evening), followed by a gradual increase.
MAO inhibitors increase the risk of side effects (hyperthermia, rigidity, seizures, altered mental status, confusion, irritability, excessive excitement with the development of delirium and coma).
Concomitant use with Li + drugs increases the risk of tremors.
The medicine is incompatible with ethanol.
Take the capsule as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Symptoms of overdose are anxiety, drowsiness, dilated pupils, nausea, vomiting, and tachycardia.
Treatment of overdose includes maintenance of normal airway (oxygenation and ventilation), gastric lavage, activated charcoal with sorbitol.
It is necessary to carry out common activities aimed at the maintenance of respiratory function and cardiovascular system.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 30C, away from children.
Has a Generic Zoloft been approved?
Yes, the FDA approved the first generic versions of the antidepressant Zoloft in 2006.
Zoloft is made by the drug company Pfizer. Generic sertraline tablets are made by Ivax Pharmaceuticals. Generic sertraline hydrochloride oral concentrate is made by Roxane Laboratories. Pfizer is a WebMD sponsor.
You can buy Zoloft Generic or Sertraline without any prescription online
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery