|0 (0 votes):|
Prednisone (Deltasone) has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic actions. It is used to treat:
- ankylosing spondylitis,
- inflammatory changes of spinal cord,
- non-infectious arthritis,
- osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis,
- severe pain in the spine,
- injuries of joints and spinal nerves.
Prednisone can cause the following side effects:
- endocrine system: weight gain, hyperglycemia, development of steroid diabetes, exhaustion of the adrenal cortex, negative nitrogen balance;
- digestive system: increased gastric acidity, ulcerogenic effect on gastrointestinal tract;
- water and electrolyte balance: increased excretion of potassium, sodium retention in the body with formation of edema;
- cardiovascular system: hypertension;
- musculoskeletal system: osteoporosis, aseptic necrosis of bones;
- central nervous system: mental disorders, steroid cataract, latent glaucoma;
- others: reduction of resistance to infection, slow wound healing, increase blood clotting.
The medicine is contraindicated for patients with:
- gastric and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- renal failure, severe arterial hypertension;
- systemic fungal and viral infections;
- active form of tuberculosis;
- hypersensitivity to prednisone.
For patients with kidney failure and osteoporosis the medicine should be prescribed with caution.
How to take
The drug is taken orally, regardless of the meal.
The initial dose for adults is 20-30 mg / day, while maintenance dose is 5-10 mg / day.
The initial dose for kids is 1.2 mg / kg / day.
If necessary, the initial dose may be 15-100 mg / day.
The course of treatment is individual and varies from 1 week to several months
Prednisone reduces the effectiveness of insulin, oral hypoglycemic and antihypertensive drugs, anticoagulants. It reduces the concentration of salicylate in blood and decreases concentration of praziquantel in serum.
Rifampicin, phenytoin, and barbiturates weaken the effect of prednisone, while hormonal contraceptives increase its efficiency.
Androgens, estrogens, oral contraceptives, anabolic steroids, tricyclic antidepressants, nitrates, and cardiac glycosides increase the risk of side effects.
Take the capsule as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Symptoms of overdose are increased blood pressure, peripheral edema, increased side effects of the drug.
Treatment of acute overdose includes immediate gastric lavage and induction of vomiting.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Prednisone been approved?
Yes, generic Prednisone combination is manufactured by the following companies:
- Intas Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
- Calibre Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd.
- Elder Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Le Sante)
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Sunways India Pvt. Ltd.
- Pharmtak Ophtalmics Pvt. Ltd
- Mmatrics Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd (Milmet)
- FDC Limited
- Optho Remedies Pvt.Ltd.
- Ind-Swift Limited
- Biomedica International
You can buy Prednisone Generic or Deltasone online without any prescription
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery