|0 (0 votes):|
Amlodipine (Norvasc) has hypotensive and antianginal effects. The mechanism of the antihypertensive action is driven by direct relaxing effect on vascular smooth muscle. Antianginal action is caused by the expansion of the coronary and peripheral arteries and arterioles.
Amlodipine reduces the degree of left ventricular hypertrophy, has anti-atherosclerotic and cardioprotective effects on ischemic heart disease.
- palpitations, swelling of ankles and feet, shortness of breath, “tides” of blood to the face, rarely – arrhythmias (bradycardia, ventricular tachycardia, atrial flutter), chest pain, reduced blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension, arrythmia, migraine;
- headache, dizziness, excessive fatigue, drowsiness, mood changes, seizures; rarely – loss of consciousness, hypoesthesia, paraesthesia, tremor, asthenia, malaise, insomnia, nervousness, depression, unusual dreams;
- nausea, stomach pain; hyperbilirubinemia, jaundice, increased activity of “liver” transaminases; rarely – dry mouth, anorexia, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence, gingival hyperplasia;
- blurred vision, conjunctivitis, diplopia, eye pain, xerophthalmia, tinnitus, gynecomastia, back pain, weight gain, dyspnea, epistaxis, increased sweating; very rarely – a cold clammy sweat, cough, rhinitis, parosmiya, taste perversion, hyperglycemia.
Amlodipine is contraindicated for patients with:
- hypersensitivity to the drug,
- severe hypotension,
The medicine can be taken with caution by patients, who have:
- arterial hypotension,
- aortic stenosis,
- heart failure nonischemic etiology,
- hepatic failure,
- acute myocardial infarction, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy,
- sick sinus syndrome,
- elderly age.
How to take
- The drug is taken orally, with a full glass of water.
- The initial dose is5 mg / day, which is raised to a maximum of 10 mg / day as needed.
- Patients with severe liver failure may require smaller doses.
Ca2 +, estrogen, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can reduce the effect of Amlodipine.
Drugs that reduce the activity of hepatic enzymes may enhance the toxic effect of Amlodipine and contribute to the manifestation of its side effects.
Diuretics, B-blockers, ACE inhibitors, neuroleptics, nitrates and amiodarone may potentiate the effect of the drug.
Simultaneous reception with lithium therapy increases toxicity and contributes to increased side effects.
Take the capsule as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Symptoms of overdose include hypotension, tachycardia, and excessive expansion of peripheral blood vessels. Gastric lavage, reception of absorbent, and symptomatic therapy are recommended in case of overdose.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Amlodipine been approved?
Yes, generic Amlodipine is no different from regular brand products.
Other Maufacturers include:
- Patson Laboratories Pvt.Ltd.
- Medisys Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Invision Medi Sciences
- Sain Medicaments Pvt. Ltd.
- Shrrishti Health Care Products Pvt Ltd
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- BMW Pharmaco India Pvt Ltd
- Surge-Radius (Indoco Remedies Ltd)
- Lanark Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Indamed Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
You can buy Amlodipine Generic or Norvasc online without any prescription
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add to cart
- Proceed to checkout
- Checkout as a guest or create an account
- Enter address information and payment info
- Select shipping method and wait for delivery