|0 (0 votes):|
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) is an antimicrobial agent of broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone. It has bactericidal activity, and inhibits DNA gyrase and synthesis of bacterial DNA.
Cipro is used to treat:
- lower respiratory tract infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria;
- infections of the middle ear and sinuses caused by Gram-negative bacteria;
- kidney and urinary tract infections;
- skin and soft tissue infections;
- infections of bones and joints;
- pelvic infections (including adnexitis and prostatitis), gonorrhea;
- gastrointestinal tract infections;
- intra-abdominal infections;
- infections in patients with reduced immunity (neutropenia).
Side effects include:
- nausea, diarrhea;
- fungal superinfection, eosinophilia, loss of appetite, hyperactivity, agitation, headache, dizziness, sleep disturbances;
- taste disturbance, vomiting, pain in the stomach and intestine, dyspepsia, flatulence;
- increased liver enzymes, increased bilirubin, rash, pruritus, urticaria , musculoskeletal pain (in the limbs, back, chest), joint pain, renal dysfunction, fatigue, fever;
- rarely – anemia, reduced platelet counts, allergic reactions, increased blood sugar levels, confusion, abnormal dreams, depression.
Do not take Ciprofloxacin in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin, other quinolones or excipients of the drug;
- pregnancy, breast-feeding;
- childhood and adolescence, up to 18 years;
- cerebrovascular disease, mental illness, epilepsy, epileptic syndrome;
- severe renal and / or hepatic impairment;
- simultaneous use with tizanidine.
How to take
The drug is taken orally.
The drug should be taken at the same time, regardless of the meal.
Infections of the lower and upper respiratory tract: 500-750 mg 2 times a day. Duration of the treatment is 7 – 14 days.
Urinary tract infections:
- Cystitis: 250-500 mg 2 times a day – 3 days (women in menopause – once 500 mg);
- Pyelonephritis: 500-750 mg 2 times a day – not less than 10 days in some cases (such as abscesses) – up to 21 days;
- Prostatitis: 500-750 mg 2 times a day – 2-4 weeks (acute), 4-6 weeks (chronic).
- Infections of skin and soft tissues: 500 – 750 mg 2 times a day – 7-14 days.
- Bone and joint infections: 500 – 750 mg 2 times a day – max. 3 months.
Activity of medicine increases in combination with beta-lactam antibiotics, aminoglycosides, vancomycin, clindamycin, metronidazole.
Sucralfate, Bismuth, antacids that contain aluminum ions, magnesium or calcium, cimetidine, ranitidine, vitamins, micronutrient, ferrous sulfate, zinc, didanosine reduce the absorption of the drug.
Probenecid, and azlocillin increase the concentration of Ciprofloxacin in the blood.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. It’s not recommended to take a double dose of the medication.
Information regarding overdose is restricted. Specific signs of an overdose are unknown. However, more expressed symptoms of side effects should be expected.
It is necessary to carry out common activities aimed at the maintenance of respiratory function and cardiovascular system.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
Ciprofloxacin should be kept not more than 2 years after manufacturing date. Keep the medicine at room temperature in a cool dry place, away from children.
Has a generic Ciprofloxacin been approved?
Yes, generic Meridia is no different from regular brand products.
Other manufacturers include:
- Avalanche Pharmaceuticals
- Mimec Pharma
- Aglowmed Limited
You can buy Ciprofloxacin Generic or Cipro online without any prescription
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery