|0 (0 votes):|
Accutane (Isotretinoin) is prescribed to treat severe forms of acne (acne), which is not amenable to treatment by other means. It promotes normalization of cells terminal differentiation, inhibits formation of detritus and facilitates its evacuation.
Accutane reduces inflammatory reaction around glands, reduces production of sebum and facilitates its isolation.
- dryness of mucous membranes, skin rashes, dermatitis, pruritus, cheilitis, erythema (especially on the face), sweating, palmar-plantar exfoliation, paronychia, nail dystrophy, increased proliferation of granulation tissue in the affected area, rarely – thinning hair, vasculitis, photosensitivity.
- conjunctivitis, photophobia, decreased night vision, corneal opacity, impaired hearing.
- headache; rarely – depression, seizures, suicidal tendencies.
- nausea; rarely – colitis, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, transient elevation of liver transaminases.
- anemia, neutropenia, changes in platelet count.
- pain in muscles and joints; rarely – hyperostosis
- nose bleed.
Accutane is contraindicated for patients with:
- severe liver and / or kidney disease,
- hypervitaminosis A,
- significantly elevated levels of lipids in the blood plasma,
- hypersensitivity to isotretinoin.
The medicine is prohibited for pregnant women and children.
How to take
- For oral administration: the initial dose is 500 mcg / kg / day, while maintenance dose is 0.1-1mg / kg / day. Duration of treatment is 16 weeks, and the medicine is taken with meals.
- Rectally: 0.5-1 mg / kg, once a day. Duration of treatment is 8-12 weeks.
- Ointment is applied thinly to affected areas of skin 2 times a day. Duration of treatment – 4-6 weeks.
The action of isotretinoin is reduced with simultaneous use of progesterone in microdoses.
Vitamin A may increase toxic effects of the medicine.
There is a risk of intracranial hypertension with simultaneous use of isotretinoin and aminoglycoside antibiotics.
Take the medicine as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Information regarding overdose is restricted. Specific signs of an overdose are unknown. However, more expressed symptoms of side effects should be expected.
It is necessary to carry out common activities aimed at the maintenance of respiratory function and cardiovascular system.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Accutane been approved?
Yes, generic Accutane is no different from regular brand products.
Other Manufacturers include:
- Shalaks Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Unichem Laboratories Ltd.
- Ajanta Pharma Ltd
- Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- IPCA Laboratories Ltd.
- Piramal Healthcare
- Pasteur Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Captab Biotec
- Cosme Healthcare (CFL Pharmaceuticals Ltd)
- Systopic Laboratories (P) Ltd.
- Gracewell (Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- Biochemix Health Care Division
- Dermocare Laboratories (Guj) Pvt Ltd
- East African (I) Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Lyra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Zee Laboratories Ltd
- Medis Lab (Pragati Biocare Pvt Ltd)
- Emgen Healthcare Pvt Ltd
You can buy Accutane Generic or Isotretinoin without any prescription online
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery