Furosemide (Lasix) is a diuretic drug that increases the excretion of sodium and chlorine. The medicine is equally effective in the conditions of acidosis (acidification), and alkalosis (alkalization) of blood.
Furosemide has an antihypertensive effect due to increased excretion of sodium chloride and reduced reaction of vascular smooth muscle.
Side effects are usually observed at the beginning of the therapy. Keep in mind that elderly and weakened patients have side effects more frequently.
If you feel any of the following side effects, contact your doctor:
- cardiovascular system: marked reduction of blood pressure, collapse, tachycardia, arrhythmias, susceptibility to thrombosis, reduced blood volume;
- central nervous system: dizziness, headache, muscle weakness, leg cramps,paresthesia, lethargy, weakness, weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, confusion;
- sensory organs: impaired vision and hearing, tinnitus;
- digestive system: anorexia, dryness of the oral mucosa, thirst, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, cholestatic jaundice, pancreatitis (exacerbation), hepatic encephalopathy;
- genito-urinary system: oliguria, acute urinary retention, interstitial nephritis, hematuria, reduced potency;
- allergic reactions: urticaria, exfoliative dermatitis, vasculitis, pruritus, chills, fever.
Furosemide is contraindicated for patients with:
- acute renal failure with anuria;
- severe hepatic insufficiency;
- acute glomerulonephritis, hyperuricemia;
- disruption of water and electrolyte metabolism (hypovolemia, severe hyponatremia and hypokalemia, hyposalemia, hypocalcemia, hypomagnesemia);
- hypersensitivity to the drug and its active components.
- Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities.
How to take
The drug is taken orally with a full glass of water, before the meal.
The maximum daily dose for adults is 1500 mg.
Duration of treatment is determined by the doctor, individually depending on indications.
Edema syndrome for patients with chronic heart failure and liver diseases: 20-80 mg / day.
Chronic renal failure and nephrotic syndrome: 40-80 mg / day.
Arterial hypertension: 20-40 mg / day.
Furosemide improves concentration and risk of nephrotoxicity and ototoxicity action with simultaneous use of cephalosporins, chloramphenicol, ethacrynic acid, cisplatin, and amphotericin B.
It improves the effectiveness of diazoxide and theophylline.
The drug increases neuromuscular blockade depolarizing muscle relaxants (suxamethonium), and reduces the effect of non-depolarizing muscle relaxants (tubocurarine).
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Its recommended not take a double dose of the medication.
Symptoms of an overdose are marked reduction of blood pressure, collapse, shock, hypovolemia, dehydration, acute kidney failure with anuria, thrombosis, thromboembolism, drowsiness, confusion, flaccid paralysis, and apathy.
Overdose treatment includes correction of water and electrolyte balance, gastric lavage, activated charcoal, and symptomatic treatment.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Furosemide been approved?
Yes. Its not different from the brand medication.
Other manufacturers include:
- Modi Mundi
- Cipla Limited
- Alixinox Pharmaceuticals
- Sanofi Aventis
- Neon Laboratories Ltd
You can buy Furosemide Generic or Lasix online without any prescription
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery